Make a Night Moves with Punkuccino, Harvest Moon with Night Owl Pumpkin Ale, or a Great Pumpkin Beer Festival Old Fashioned (G.P.B.F.O.F.) with Dark O’ The Moon either at home, or even better, order one up at Elysian Tangletown.
Recipes by Travers at Elysian Tangletown
- 1 oz rum (suggest Denizen)
- 3/4 oz cold brew
- 1/5 oz condensed milk
- 1/5 oz Falernum
- 1 bottle of Elysian’s Punkuccino Coffee Pumpkin Ale
Combine rum, cold brew, condensed milk and Falernum. Pour over Ice, and top with Punkuccino.
- 1.5 oz Old Log Cabin Whiskey
- 3/4 oz grapefruit juice
- 1/5 oz honey syrup (recipe below)
- 1/4 Pimento Dram (allspice liqueur)
- 1 bottle of Elysian’s Night Owl Pumpkin Ale
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 1 grapefruit (for peel and juice)
Instructions for honey syrup:
- Honey syrup is 2 parts honey to 1 part water.
- For a 16 oz portion, simmer honey, water, 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 cloves, and peel of 1 grapefruit on low for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Mix together whiskey, grapefruit juice, honey syrup and allspice liqueur in a cocktail shaker. Pour over ice. Top with Elysian’s Night Owl and garnish with grapefruit wedge.
GREAT PUMPKIN BEER FESTIVAL OLD FASHIONED (G.P.B.F.O.F.)
- 2 oz Old Log Cabin Whiskey
- 1/5 oz Elysian’s Dark O’ Moon syrup (recipe below will need 1 22 oz. bottle of Dark O’ Moon Pumpkin Stout)
- 2 dashes of bitters
- 1 orange for peel
- Demerara or brown sugar
Instructions for Dark O’ Moon syrup:
For this recipe you will need equal parts Dark O’ Moon beer to sugar. We recommend Demerara sugar over brown sugar as it provides a richer flavor profile. Simmer beer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. After 15 to 20 minutes add equal parts sugar to the remaining beer
Instructions for drink:
Combine Dark O’ Moon syrup and bitters. Add whiskey and pour over ice. Garnish with an orange peel.