Pumpkin Chorizo Night Owl Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 Poblano chili pepper (or Anaheim chili pepper), diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lbs pork chorizo
- 1 ½ lbs ground chuck
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14.5 ounce) diced, fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) bottle Night Owl Pumpkin Ale
- 3 chipotle chilies in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Chopped cilantro, for topping
- Smoked gouda, shredded
- In a large pot of Dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, Poblano and bell peppers, cooking until softened and starting to caramelize, about ten minutes.
- Stir in the salt and garlic.
- Add the chorizo and ground chuck, stirring until cooked through and broken up into pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with cilantro and smoked gouda.